Please read the following policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting this website, www.HI-TEK.com, you are accepting the practices described herein.
What information we collect from you
In General: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your first and last name, telephone number and postal and email addresses.
How we use your information
We may use this information to contact you and may use your email address to send you email alerts. You will have the opportunity to opt out of such alerts at any time.
With whom we share your information
We may share your information with the following entities:
• Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including operation of the website, business analytics, customer service, marketing, and distribution of surveys. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
We also may share your information:
• In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; or to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Cookies and other technologies
• To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site.
• To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
This site may also use web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use web beacons to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
This is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
Visiting our website from outside the
If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How you can contact us
HI-TEK, Inc. is not responsible for content on external websites.
Copyright 2017 HI-TEK, Inc. All rights reserved.